Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dollar Store Tests Do Work!


A couple weeks back, I blogged about this awesome double jogging stroller that I came across.  In that moment, I was merely thinking of the future and analyzing the options.  This did stir up a little interest from others in whether or not we were expecting.  NO!  I said.

A little later on in the day, I visited our local 99 cent store for the first time.  This store is much bigger than I had expected and had many products I would use.  I remembered hearing about these dollar stores carrying pregnancy tests and had always wondered how well they actually worked when most other tests cost around $10.  It then came to me that I was 'late'.  Now, the reason it took me so long to realize this is that I had breastfed for 6 months, therefore I had not had my friend until the 7th month after she was born.  So, I was not used to expecting my friend.  (Sorry for the details, but you're reading) 

I scurried around to find the tests and purchased two, along with cupcake mix and frosting.  When I got home I used one test and it immediatley showed two pink lines.  Not believing it I took the other.  Same result.  In shock, I loaded Madison up and sped over to the commisarry to buy a 'more reliable' ($10) test.  I could hardly wait to get back home.  I took the tests (yes, both of them for extra measure) and our pregnancy was confirmed. 

Our 8 month old daughter is going to have a little brother or sister.  I am definetly not going back to work now.  And I will officially be chasing a 16 month old around the house while nursing a newborn.  Here we go!

This is what I had prepared for my Husband as he arrived home for work.  He almost ate them before reading them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment